You’ve worked on the script, storyboarding, finding the right shooting, and editing for months. What was the result? A viral brand or product video.YouTubers have been searching for ways online by typing how to get ads on youtube. The problem is they aren’t aware of the different types of ads that can be helpful for them.
With all that time spent, you can’t just embed the video on a website or share it on social media and hope someone watches. Introducing a series of YouTube ads can ensure more target audiences discover your video content. You will be able to know how to strategies Youtube marketing by launching various advertising campaigns and strategies. Let’s get this party started.
What’s New on YouTube?
Advertising on YouTube is not the same as running a PPC or paid social media campaign. There are specific creative constraints and a plethora of options for this platform. Before you even start planning your next video project, basic knowledge is required to take advantage of the paid options.
YouTube advertising has become an extremely worthwhile investment as google has made several changes in recent years. Let us check them out.
- Users’ Search History-Based Targeting: Google announced a few years ago that it would allow advertisers to reach more viewers on YouTube, particularly on mobile devices, which account for 50% of all YouTube views. Among the changes announced was that advertisers could target viewers based on their Google search history and the viewing behaviors already targeted by YouTube.Marketers can now target advertisements to people who have recently searched for a specific requirement of services or products. If we find an article or ad related to our search in between the videos are more likely suppose to wait and see the full ad or even click the ad for more. The YouTubers have started using this trick to lure their viewers.
- Audio Commercials: Podcasts and the new social media app Clubhouse are two examples of how the a has grown recently. To keep up with the times, Google now allows YouTube advertisers to create audio-only advertisements. While we recommend beginning with a video ad, you can later consider using audio once you’ve perfected your brand voice and discovered what your audience enjoys engaging with the most.
- Modernized Data Attribution Models: Google has also improved YouTube’s data attribution model, allowing you to better track how users interact with your ads. You can also see the performance of your YouTube ads alongside the attribution reports for your Search and Shopping ads to get youtube views.
- The Different Types of YouTube Video Ads: You can invest in several different types of video ads on YouTube. Google explains the fundamental formats here. We go into more detail below.
- Ads for Video Discovery: Discovering videos YouTube ads appear on the YouTube homepage, search results pages, and on YouTube video watch pages as related videos. As soon as a user clicks on the ad in the right-hand column, the destination video page displays a companion banner display ad.
- TrueView in-stream advertisements (Skippable Ads): TrueView ads are the most common type of video ad. Skippable TrueView ads on YouTube must be between 12 and 6 minutes long. In-stream ads allow marketers to customize video ads with different CTAs and overlay text. TrueView in-stream ads appear before users watch the video they’ve chosen on YouTube. After watching the ad for five seconds, viewers may have the option to skip it. You can also direct them to play anywhere on the Google Display Network (GDN) or on sites that have purchased Google video ad space. What Can TrueView Videos Contain? TrueView video campaigns may include people, dialogue, and music obtained with permission — or considered royalty-free. However, a standard promotional commercial should be avoided. You need to give your users a reason to keep watching these videos, as you can also skip these.
- Non-skippable in-stream advertisements: Ads that cannot be skipped can appear before, during, or after the main video. They can last between 15 and 20 seconds. Because you cannot skip non-skippable ads, these videos should include a call-to-action (CTA) to enhance the viewer’s attention,i.e., encourage viewers to click on your ad in exchange for something. Use non-skippable ads to get those clicks if you want to promote youtube video and a major event this season. On a Pay-per-click basis, the non-skippable video space is being sold on YouTube.
- Bumpers: Bumpers are the shortest Youtube advertisements. These last only six seconds and appear before a viewer’s chosen video. It’s also unavoidable. Bumper video ads can’t tell a good enough story in six seconds. Still, they complement larger video operations for promoting a new product launch or event, So one must not miss using these six seconds wisely. Include only the aspects of your brand you want your audience to remember in those quick seconds.
- Overlay Advertisements: Overlay ads, as shown below, are banner ads that appear at the bottom of the video. This ad type works well with your other in-stream video campaigns. A banner ad is an excellent way to avoid overtly advertising your product.